slider plugin wordpress by WOWSlider.com v6.6m
- The nationís community event sign greeted members with a splash of color, making sure they couldnít miss the festivities.
- COTTA staff members were up at dawn preparing the hog fry and fry bread. And there was plenty left over for members to take home.
- Some of the festivities included basket weaving, which involved concentration and dexterity, but connected members to long standing Cherokee traditions.
- Chief Baker met personally with members throughout the afternoon getting to know them and listening to their concerns.
- A number of authentic Cherokee artifacts were displayed from blankets to flutes to masks.
- Julia Coates, at large councilor, delivered a farewell address to the membership as she enters the final year of her term.
- Story teller Robert Lewis got the audience involved as he explained why Cherokee society is based around mothersí lines and not fathersí.
- After the festivities members left the center for the outdoors to play stickball and marbles.